Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Voted

I went to my local polling place early this morning. There were only two people in front of me and four people behind me in line. I was happy that I got in and out of there quickly. I took my son with me. He even went inside the booth with me, as is our usual custom. He is in the Model UN Club at school, so he often knows more about the candidates than me. He was helpful.

This has nothing to do with the election, but I thought that I would share two pretty sentences that I read while finishing a book last night…

The moon had risen long before the late summer sunset. In the west, the night kissed the last rouge off the cheek of the day, and in the east the full moon hung high, the lamp of romance.

-Dean Koontz

Did anyone notice that gorgeous autumn moon last night? It seemed enormous!

No comments: