Here is a Christmas meme...
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate w/marshmallows made with warm milk.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White snowflakes and icicles, wreaths and red or burgundy bows
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Yes, I love having an extra excuse to kiss everyone!
5. When do you put your decorations up?
The weekend after Thanksgiving
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
I have so many, but I guess I was about eight-years-old when got an enormous Barbie estate that took up my entire pink playroom. It took my parents a long time to build that dollhouse--and I adored it! I was also really excited about my first 10-speed bike at age 10, bubblegum pink.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
In second grade, a blonde boy, Brian the big mouth, blurted, “Santa is fake”, while I was swinging. He followed that statement by telling the first dirty joke that I had ever heard. (Punchline was, Can I put my finger in your belly button?--Ah, that’s not my finger.)
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Only if we get together with family members or friends that we won’t see on Christmas day
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
White lights, silver balls, white garland, red or burgundy bows and a pretty star on top.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
I love it! Snow is romantic, beautiful and fun.
12. Can you ice skate?
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
My favorite gifts were the watercolor portraits and pictures that my Swedish grandmother placed on top of each wrapped toy. She was a talented artist and the paintings were personal and pretty. I still have some of them.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Seeing my children’s eyes light up when they discover the heap of gifts under the tree on Christmas morning.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
My grandmother’s snickerdoodle cookies and Julgrot
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Sharing the day with family, while we listen to Christmas music all day and open gifts and play, eat, drink and be merry
17. What tops your tree?
A sparkly crystal and silver star
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
Both, but watching my kids open gifts is definitely the highlight of my day.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
I usually eat one peppermint candy cane on Christmas morning. I love the smell of peppermint scented body scrub. It makes me smell like yummy candy.
*Give your answers on your blog or Santa will leave coal in your stocking. ;-)