Thursday, September 28, 2006

Sweet & Sour

My daughter started singing a spontaneous song last night…

Kitty was stuck in a tree
She said help me
Daddy came by and sang a lullaby
Kitty came down and gave him a crown
And they all lived happily after


…after my husband went outside to rescue our kitten from a tall lilac tree in our backyard. (The kitty sneaks out of the door sometimes when we take our puppy outside. This was the third time in as many days that he had to climb the same tree.) My daughter was happily hugging Dahlia when she suddenly paused and exclaimed, “Mom, she’s puzzing!” I giggled and said, “Don’t you mean purring?” She said, “No, she’s puzzing, listen.” She held the cat up next to my ear. Her fur tickled. I said, "Well, I guess it sounds a little like puzz puzz." Next, she walked over to her brother and put her up to his ear. He said, “Yeah, she’s purring and next time road meat gets stuck up in that tree we’re leaving her there overnight until she ends up like Mr. Bigglesworth.”

No comments: