Morgen invited me play his Halloween Meme Game. His answers were more entertaining than mine. I am tagging Melissa, Howard, Frank, Trek and Pax for this one.
1. What's the scariest movie you've ever seen?
Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986) I snuck into a theater on the Wildwood boardwalk with John G. who was my boyfriend at the time and my girlfriend, Kate. I was 14, Kate was 15 and John was 16. I’ve never seen a Friday the 13th film since. I don’t enjoy being so scared that I feel like I might wet my panties for two hours.
2. What was your favorite Halloween Costume from childhood?
When I was twelve, my mom took the time to sew a letter “A” on my favorite sweater to go with my cheerleading skirt and saddle shoes. She put a black beauty mark on my cheek and painted my lips pink. She also put my hair in ponytails tied with red ribbons. I felt very pretty when she was finished.
3. If you had an unlimited budget, what would your Fantasy Costume be for this Halloween?
I love playing dress up, so I want a whole closet full of cool costumes!
4. When was the last time you went Trick or Treating?
I still go every year with my children, but I gave up collecting my own candy when I was thirteen. Now, I just steal theirs.
5. What's your favorite Halloween Candy?
6. Tell us about a scary nightmare you had.
I rarely have nightmares. When I was a little girl, I used to have a dream about a wolf chasing me home from school and blocking my path across the creek to my house. I must have read Little Red Riding Hood too often in kindergarten.
7. What is your Supernatural Fear?
I don’t have one, but if there are ghosts I’d like my mom to visit me.
8. What is your Creepy-Crawly Fear?
I’m not fond of insects or snakes! Remember the episode from the Brady Bunch when they woke up with that gigantic spider on them?
9. Tell us about a time when you saw a ghost, or heard something go bump in the night.
I don’t believe in ghosts and things are quiet on my suburban street at night. The only bumping I hear happens under my soft Jersey sheets.
10. Would you ever stay in a real Haunted House overnight?
It would be fun to have a sleepover party. I love to play Truth or Dare?!
11. Are you a traditionalist (just a face) Jack O'Lantern Carver, or do you get really creative with your pumpkins?
I usually carve the same face that I learned as a kid, which consists of three triangles for the eyes and nose and a big toothy grin for the mouth.
12. How much do you decorate your home for Halloween?
I like to put a velvet black ribbon around the maple tree in my front yard. We also have a big, blow up Jack-O-Lantern that sounds like a vacuum cleaner. I also put decorations on my front windows.
13. What do you want on your Tombstone?
Tombstone? I’m a vampire. We’re immortal.