Thursday, October 05, 2006

Mom?

Yesterday felt like a pleasant day in June. I went for a long walk at a local trail. Sweating in the sunshine felt good. The Way You Make Me Feel by Michael Jackson is one of my favorite sexy and inspirational walking beats. I also downloaded Christina Aguilera’s new CD. I love its retro sound!

I spent most of my walk alone on the track. I was trying to absorb myself in the music. I stopped singing abruptly when a woman who reminded me of my mother smiled at me as she walked by. My mood immediately sunk.

Once in a while I find myself searching for my mom in stranger’s faces. I find myself thinking, Are you my mother? It reminds me of a book by P.D. Eastman that I used to read to my kids when they were little.

I miss having my mom next to me.

2 comments:

Mistress Regina said...

It is often the memories we hold in our heart that are the most precious. My compliments on your musical selections.

Jessica said...

Thank you, Regina.