Thursday, March 16, 2006

Warm Liquid

I had PMS yesterday, which prompted me to buy hot chocolate at the grocery store. I came home and boiled milk on the stove and poured my family four cups of the warm, rich and sweet liquid with bunny shaped marshmallows. It was comforting, especially since the weather was so windy and cold. I had another mug of it for breakfast this morning. Spring will be here soon and I think that I’ve had my last sips of this decadent drink until next winter.

I welcomed my period this morning. My breasts get tender and sore for about five days prior to menstruation, and continue to bother me almost as much as the cramps radiating from my pelvis for five days. I’m skipping the gym today. I think I’ll go for a walk in the park later this afternoon. I like to keep to myself while I’m bleeding, especially for the first three days. I’m thankful that it will be over soon.

No comments: