Saturday, February 18, 2006

Astronomy & Astrology


I find the sky beautiful and fascinating, especially at night. I think that astronomy is an intriguing science. I also think that horoscopes are fun, but I don’t believe that they are a valid part of astronomy. Horoscopes are based on pseudoscience.

Here are several links regarding astrology

The Difference Between Astronomy and Astrology

Your Astrology Defense Kit

When astrology is tested by science

The Astrology Challenge

The Astrology Challenge Part Deux

The Real Romance in the Stars

*Recommendation: After you check your horoscope (and giggle), go outside and look at the actual night sky. (Wear something sexy under your coat.) During February, Venus will be the brightest planet you can see. And if you take the right person with you, gazing at the planet named for the goddess of love might do more to spark a romance than the zodiac ever could.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a stylish blog here is!

Anonymous said...

Well,...FWIW, my zodiac sign fits my personality to a T. I posted something about it earlier this month!

Anonymous said...

Astrology never convinced me. I don't know if the "traditional" Zodiac has another name for it, but I'm an Aquarius on that chart. I also like the Chinese Zodiac which deals with years not months. On that chart, I always thought I was born in the Year of the Dragon but I didn't make the cut off, I was conceived and almost born then but I wound up in the Year of the Rabbit. Haha, oh well. Have a great Year of the Dog!