Monday, January 02, 2006

Kissing is Beautiful

I admire Drew Barrymore’s way of viewing life. She seems to be a sweet, free spirit with a big heart. She’s not afraid to embrace life and take risks and make mistakes. I’ve loved her since I saw her in ET when I was ten-years-old. We are close to the same age and I discovered that we share many similar ideas about life…
  • "If you don't take risks, you'll have a wasted soul."
  • God made a very obvious choice when he made me voluptuous; why would I go against what he decided for me? My limbs work, so I'm not going to complain about the way my body is shaped.
  • Kisses, even to the air, are beautiful.
  • Kissing - and I mean like, yummy, smacking kissing - is the most delicious, most beautiful and passionate thing that two people can do, bar none. Better than sex, hands down.
  • My whole life, I've wanted to feel comfortable in my skin. It's the most liberating thing in the world.
  • Oh, I love hugging. I wish I was an octopus, so I could hug 10 people at a time!
  • There's something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk.
  • I love romance. I'm a sucker for it. I love it so much. It's pathetic.
  • I never regret anything. Because every little detail of your life is what made you into who you are in the end.
  • I want people to love me, but it's not going to hurt me if they don't.
  • If you're going to be alive and on this planet, you have to, like, suck the marrow out of every day and get the most out of it.
  • I aspire to be that, to be a voice of reason one day.
  • I believe that everything happens for a reason, but I think it's important to seek out that reason - that's how we learn.
  • I definitely don't think that I'm hot doo-doo. I don't.
  • I don't know anybody's road who's been paved perfectly for them, there are no manuals, you don't know what life has in store for you.
  • I don't want to be stinky poo poo girl. I want to be happy flower child.
  • I get to be a kid now, because I wasn't a kid when I was supposed to be one. But in some ways, I'm like an old woman-lived it, seen it, done it, been there, have the T-shirt.
  • I never want to get to the point where it's all about my needs, and the hell with anybody else.
  • I pray to be like the ocean, with soft currents, maybe waves at times. More and more, I want the consistency rather than the highs and the lows.
  • I really want to understand the mind so I can be more comfortable with the way people are. Being comfortable with people is incredibly important.
  • I think it’s nice when people find love, because I feel like everyone deserves it.
  • I understand there are inevitable things that we have to go through: heartbreak, family problems. I don't feel like some quixotic idiot who says, 'We don't have to feel pain.' No! Let's feel it, let's make it work for ourselves. But I want us all to be able to get past it.
  • I used to look in the mirror and feel shame, I look in the mirror now and I absolutely love myself.
  • I want people to be blown away when I do what they don't expect.
  • I'm not after fame and success and fortune and power. It's mostly that I want to have a good job and have good friends; that's the good stuff in life.
  • I've always said that one night, I'm going to find myself in some field somewhere, I'm standing on grass, and it's raining, and I'm with the person I love, and I know I'm at the very point I've been dreaming of getting to.
  • If you're going to go through hell, I suggest you come back learning something.
  • It's only through listening that you learn, and I never want to stop learning.
  • Life is very interesting... in the end, some of your greatest pains, become your greatest strengths.
  • Love is the hardest habit to break, and the most difficult to satisfy.
  • When I lay my head on the pillow at night I can say I was a decent person today. That's when I feel beautiful.
  • Everyone is like a butterfly; they start out ugly and awkward and then morph into beautiful graceful butterflies that everyone loves.
  • You've just got to do the best that you can.
    Drew Barrymore

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I like Drew's brains as well.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic list and also both daisy pics are superb. I like Drew as well although I didn't know much about her until I read this. Now I know the both of you better. Two classy chicks!