Friday, April 14, 2006

Blustery Sunshine

Yesterday afternoon, my husband and I took our daughter to fly her new kite in an open field. As we walked toward the field, my daughter was happily skipping along with her pink Care Bears kite flapping in her small hand. I walked beside my husband. We held hands. He kept glancing at my face and then followed the curves under my tight pink t-shirt and khaki shorts. He smiled and said, “You’re so beautiful. I’m so lucky. Why did you ever marry a guy like me?”

We watched the warm breeze caress our little girl's hair. She smiled as she released all of the kite string. The pink tail tickled an almost cloudless blue sky.

He approached me and we embraced. We kissed. I inhaled his familiar scent, as he told me that he loved me. I replied, “I love you, too.” He said, “We both made some mistakes. We forgave each other.” It’s us against the world, not us against each other” I’m sorry that I hurt you” My voice cracked as I whispered “I’m sorry, too.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad things ar eon the mend.